TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Roar Success (“the Roar Awards”) is open to all aged 18 years and over (“the Entrants”)
- The Roar Awards are open to Australian businesses and individuals only, unless otherwise stated.
- By entering the Awards the Entrant accept these Terms and Conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for the Awards which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to Entrants in any other way (“Award Information”). Such Award Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any Award Information.
- We may cancel or amend the Award, Award Information, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Award Information or these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions were last updated.
- Our decision in all matters to do with the Awards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- Company employees
- Any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of a programme to which the Awards relates.
- The Awards opens at 9am AEST Thursday 28th July 2023. The closing time and date for receipt of entries is 9:00pm AEST September 18th 2023.
- Entrants are free to submit as many individual entries as they wish and each entry will be judged separately.
- To enter the Awards, Entrants must do the following:
a) Register an account and select the individual category you want to enter. You are able to repeat this process for as many categories as you like. There is a $99 fee per category entry this year. The fee covers administration costs, costs for facilitating the awards, trophies, postage, fees and access into our online private Facebook group where you'll have access to Judges Break out Sessions, resources and more. (Please note this fee is NON REFUNDABLE)
b) Read and accept the terms and conditions and provide any additional contact details so we can contact you if you are selected as a Finalist. Your details will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the competition.
c) Upload your submission either via the JotForm link provided or Video link to YouTube or other video platform.
- An Entrants Video entries must be entirely original to the Awards, feature only the Entrants voice and not include the voice or other sounds made by third parties/people without their consent.
- Entries must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out above. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
- Entries will not be complete until Entrants have uploaded their written/video entry and accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserves the right to disqualify any entries submitted and/or finalised after the Awards has closed.
- The Entrants must keep a digital or hard copy of their entry. If required, Entrants must supply the original recording of their video entry for use in connection with the Awards, including (but not limited to) for potential broadcast online or transmission by any electronic means, marketing or promotional use.
All video entries will be subject to moderation. We have absolute discretion to accept or reject any video entry and to remove any video entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. We may in particular refuse to upload any video entry for the following reasons:
- inclusion of defamatory or malicious content;
- inclusion of content in video entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as music, singing, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorisations;
- breach of these Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Awards, Entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their entries which must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
By entering the Awards, Entrants understand and agree that:
- the Entrants grant us a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable licence which shall be exclusive for worldwide broadcast online and non-exclusive for all other forms of media to use their entries for whatever purpose including, without limitation, in connection with (i) any Programme produced in relation to the Awards or containing any information in relation to the Awards, including, without limitation, promotion and redistributing part or all of any such Programme (and derivative works thereof), and (ii) our internet websites, wireless applications, interactive television, video on demand and any other media or technology (including, without limitation, internet protocol, wireless or interactive platforms or interfaces) through which we distribute content to end users, whether now existing or hereafter developed in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution and advertising and promotional purposes, without accounting, notification, credit, payment, or other obligation to Entrants. For the avoidance of doubt, these rights include, without limitation, the absolute right to edit and/or alter any entry, distribute and synchronize all or any portion of any entry in timed relation to any other visual elements; to web cast, pod cast, re-publish, re-broadcast, re-platform, port, syndicate, route, and link to and from all or any portion of any entry; to encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of any entry; to edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of any entry; to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures and/or voice reproductions from all or a portion of any entry; and to excerpt and/or extract portions of any entry in order to host, store, index, categorize and display entries on or through the Platforms. We reserve the right to use (or not use) Entrants’ entries at all and/or as little of the entry as we so choose;
- the Entrants indemnify the Awards Parties (defined below) from any claim in respect of their entry;
- to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Entrants unconditionally give us their consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe on any moral rights they may have in and in relation to their entries, and they undertake that they will not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any moral rights you they may have in and/or in relation to their entries.
- None of our employees, Judges, Sponsors or any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the Awards, or its entry, or implementation of any prize (or their agents or subsidiaries involved in any way in the Awards or any prize) (together the “Award Parties”) will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by us or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control. Proof of submission online is not proof of receipt by us.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, may be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry, or the operation of any part of the Awards, or the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision we make shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the Awards.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any Entrants and/or entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or to disqualify any Awards found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Awards or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
- Only the Finalists will be notified via email
- The Finalists first names, surnames and business links may be published.
- We reserve the right to select an alternative Finalist in the event that a Finalist is unable to be contacted.
The prize comprises of:
- Roar Awards trophy, includes shipping if attendee is not present to accept at the in person event.
- Bragging rights that you are the 2023 Roar Awards winner in your category.
- Additional prizes to be added at discretion of Event management.
- The winner acknowledges that:
a) the Prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for or any other value or consideration.
b) the Prize is to be collected in person at the Roar Awards live event or postage is to be covered by Entrant.
- Entrants fee to enter the Awards does not include the cost to attend the in person Roar Festival and Awards. We will not be responsible for the winner’s food and drink, entertainment or travel.
- We may in our sole discretion refuse to provide the Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or a Entrants breach of these Terms and Conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The first names and surnames of the Finalists put through to the Public Vote and the Award winner may be available from the date the various Finalists are selected for a minimum period of three months.
- We may exercise its sole discretion to use all Finalists’ names, addresses, images, and their comments relating to the Prize and Award experience for promotion of the Prize, this Award, or the Award Parties, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
The information Entrants supply in connection with the Awards (including their personal details):
- may be included in a database compiled for the Awards and will be used for the purposes of selecting Finalists;
- ) may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any programme produced in connection with the Awards; and
- will not be supplied to third parties (other than the Awards Parties) other than as is reasonably necessary to select Finalists and administer the Awards.
- Any personal information provided by the Entrants, will only be used by us in accordance with its Privacy Statement which is accessible for the purposes of the Awards or as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the Awards Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, none of the Awards Parties can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Entrant entering the Awards or as a result of accepting the Prize. None of the Awards Parties are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Awards.
- None of the Awards Parties promise that the services relating to the Awards will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any Awards Party. We will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Awards is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any Entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the Awards Information, We shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such Entrant, without any further liability to such Entrant. In these circumstances, any prize won by the Entrant may be forfeited. All Entrants must comply with any directions given by any Awards Party including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Awards Information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia.
- Please ensure that you read the FAQ's page on this website before emailing as your question may be found here. Due to the volume of emails we receive during the awards, there can be delays of up to 7 days for a response. Please take the time to ensure you read the conditions of entry carefully to prevent any misunderstanding.
If you find any of our Terms and Conditions confusing or ambiguous you can contact the team at email@example.com